Views from a Paris window   +  stylish

Christmas Present Wishlist [Five Sexy Perfumes]

Here's my roundup of sexy fragrances to buy your loved one this Christmas.
Houbigant Paris — Quelques Fleurs L'Original. It's said that this is Dita Von Teese's perfume of choice, so there's no questioning its sexy credentials.

What's more, the bottle and packaging are truly lovely. This re-release of a previously well-established fragrance would be a stylish gift for even the most difficult to please.
A sexy fragrance list wouldn't be complete without mentioning at least one Chanel fragrance. For me it's Coco by Chanel. A year ago, when I started my perfume odyssey, I would almost certainly not have liked this. But having tried a lot of perfumes in the meantime, I've now come round to the magical qualities of Coco. The smell defies description. For me there's a butteriness to it that is smooth and luxurious.

The golden lid and chunky design of the bottle add to the feeling of quality for Coco.

The scent of the tuberose flower can be incredibly sexy. For the best of the best when it comes to tuberose fragrances, try Ormonde Jayne's Tiare. I don't (yet) own a bottle of this one, so here's a shot from Ormonde Jayne's website.

I find it impossible to stay away from tuberose when thinking about sexy fragrances. One that needs including on this sexy fragrance list is Miller Harris's Noix de Tubereuse. I've just made some delightful perfume trades with Carol from Waft and am now the happy owner of a bottle of this one.

I wasn't quite sure about Noix de Tubereuse when I first tried it back in April. It's a creamy blend of almonds and tuberose — well that's how it appears to me. The Miller Harris description doesn't feature almonds at all, but I'm not budging.

My final choice in this selection is Chinatown by Bond No. 9. For various reasons Bond No. 9 fragrances come in for a lot of criticism online. I rarely mention their perfumes. But Chinatown is one that I tried over a year ago, and I still really enjoy wearing. It's glamorous and sophisticated, despite the garish pink bottle. Do try it.